Pages

11.03.2011

Time Out For Women: Cincinatti 2011

I have always heard that Time Out For Women is so much fun.  This year I decided that I was going to go and 5 other friends were able to come with me!  It was a party!  We laughed hard, we cried hard, and we stayed up until 3 AM talking and then slept hard!  It was a 4 hour ride to Cincinnati and back, but so worth the trip!  I don't think that I have had an over-nighter away from Hannah since she was born, so...it was a nice break!  I love my girl, but you know.  ;)

Here are some highlights...


Michael McLean...(maybe not the best vocalist, but a great songwriter and entertainer!)

Shanna, Katie, Natalie, Lindsay, Lisa

Mariama Kellon!  I can not even express how awesome she was!  She has been through so much and I was just grateful to hear her story and testimony.  We were all SOBBING!



Lisa was standing in this picture too, but somehow she got cut off during the snap (you can see her hair on the Left) !  Oops...sorry Lisa!

Mercy River...sang the best song ever about kids bedtime... it was so hilarious and had the crown wild!  The rest of their music was amazing!  The girl on the far left of this picture shared a little about her infertility journey and the girl on the far right shared a little about her sister going through a miscarriage.  Then they shared the song below...and, ummmm....I was a sobbing wreck!!!
We All Need Saving
Come on, come on
You have got to move on
This is not the you I know
This isn’t real
It’s just all you can feel
And that’s the way that feelings go
And whether or not it’s right or wrong you’ll do what you will do

Chorus:
When the cloud in the sky starts to pour
And your life is just a storm you’re braving
Don’t tell yourself you can’t lean on someone else
Cause we all need saving sometimes

Say what you will but the time that we fill
While we’re on the earth
Should not be alone
We were meant to be known
You make me what I’m worth
But I can’t keep you from yourself you’ll do what you will do

Chorus

I don’t know why it has to be this way and
I don’t know the cure
But please believe someone else has felt this before

Chorus
 
I can't deny that hearing that was JUST what I needed.  A Godsend.

Dean Hughes author of The Children of the Promise and Hearts of the Children Series.  I loved him.  He was just as I pictured him to be.  Friendly, a little more subdued and serious, but funny too!

I just had to say meet these girls and tell them thank you for sharing their experiences!!!  (and get them to autograph my CD!)

The Ladies of the Trip!  LAUGHS, TEARS, HUGS and CONVERSATION that I will never forget!  Thanks for coming with me this year girls!  Anyone up for TOFW 2012?

I was a little dissapointed that Shawni Eyre Pothier (of 71 toes) wasn't at this one, but that's okay, maybe next time...Also, I guess every Time Out For Women has different speakers/entertainment come and they shared this video/song at one...It's my new favorite (I have a new one weekly).



She is trying to get on the Christian Billboard Charts with that one...I love it!  So awesome!

2 comments:

Kimi said...

1)Jealous I couldn't go, but SO glad you got to. It's wonderful.
2) Katie and I already talked about April's TOFW in Pennsylvania. I'm planning on it. :)
3)That Hilary Weeks song? Totally love it, totally cried when I listened to it.

love you!

Trapper and Suzy said...

lol I'm going to follow Kimi's format.
1)SUPER jealous I couldn't go either. Really sucked. lol
2)Really wishing I could just fly out there for the next one to go with y'all.
3) I'm crying too after listening to that song. That was really powerful and beautiful. It makes all my issues and problems look super trivial and my life amazingly blessed.