...and I didn't recycle... :(
Today thought I would give you a fun activity to do with your kids...
I am teaching 2 year olds right now, and today we are making "Coffee Filter Earths"
small spray bottle filled with water
Let your kiddos color on the coffee filters however they wish, using the green and blue markers. It's best if they color the entire filter. When they are done, let them spray their filter with water and watch the colors bleed and combine with one another, creating an Earth! (It's okay if there are small white areas left on the filter, it will just look like clouds!)
*You can also use drops of food coloring on the coffee filter instead of blue and green marker.
Just a note for my cute little Mormon friends: Don't be weird about buying coffee filters--they are good for so many more things than coffee (not to mention they are way cheap and you get a ton!)
- crafts (butterflies, flowers, and rainbows)
- serving snacks like popcorn and crackers
- covering food dishes in the microwave
- 72-hours kits (for filtering water)
- cleaning glass windows and mirrors
- placing at the bottom of a potted plant so the dirt will not come out the little holes at the bottom!
P.S. I was feeling like a hypocryte and so I just went and fished the laundry bottles out of the garbage, so that I can recycle them...aren't you proud of me?